Chicken Pomodoro is one of Wally’s favorite recipes that I make for him. What’s nice about this recipe is that it’s easy to make yet it tastes like you’ve been in the kitchen all day. I hope you enjoy this recipe.
List of ingredients you will need to make Chicken Pomodoro:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons of liquid vegetable oil (I used Crisco brand)
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup diced fresh tomatoes (use Plum tomatoes or Roma tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- All-Purpose flour, you only need enough to dip the chicken in.
- Salt and black pepper
- 1/3 cup sliced scallions even the green part (measure them after you slice them, if you don’t want to use scallions you can use 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley.
- Cooked pasta — I cooked the whole box of pasta just so I will have leftovers. I used for this recipe only about 2 cups of the cooked penne. I used Mezze Penne by Barilla, it’s a smaller Penne.
To Make Chicken Pomodoro you will need to do the following:
1. Dip the chicken breast in flour, set aside.
2. Pour the 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil into a sauté pan. Over medium heat, add the chicken breast and season with salt and pepper.
3. Sauté both sides of the chicken breast, adding the salt and pepper to each side.
4. When the chicken is done, leave the chicken in the pan and add the vodka.
5. Next add the chicken broth, lemon juice, pasta, diced tomatoes and the heavy cream into the pan, stirring quickly until everything is completely heated.
6. Garnish with the sliced scallions or chopped parsley.
7. dee~licious !!!
Rita Kay’s final word:
Make sure when you make this recipe you use fresh lemon juice, it makes a huge difference. Sometimes Wally isn’t in the mood for onions, so I add the chopped parsley.
If you have any chicken leftover it would make a great sandwich (heat it up with some melted cheese on top). No matter how you eat this, with or without pasta, this recipe is one that you will make over and over again. Make sure you serve it with some hot sliced baguette bread. dee~licious !!!